If you recall, I decided to take a trip back to my roots. I thought that reading some childhood favorites would help rekindle my love of reading. I was beginning to get burned out on heavy classics, so a month devoted to books that I cherished so much as a child was a welcome reprieve.
And wow. I was a reading machine. My husband thought I was insane as I flew from book to book, reliving memories from reading as a child. It was utter insanity.
In all, I finished 25 books. That is the most I have completed in at least three years for a single month. It put me back on track to hit 100+ books this year. And while part of me feels guilty for devoting an entire month to mostly children's literature, I feel so motivated to move forward in my own challenge.
Anyway, here is what I read in the month of November:
- The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
- The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis
- Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis
- The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis
- The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
- The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis
- The BFG by Roald Dahl
- Thunder Rolling in the Mountains by Scott O'Dell and Elizabeth Hall
- Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- On the Banks of Plum Creek by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- By the Shores of Silver Lake by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Little Town on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- These Happy Golden Years by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- The First Four Years by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry
- Messenger by Lois Lowry
- Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
- The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
- Matilda by Roald Dahl
Crazy? Yes indeed. But I feel much better about refocusing, diving into War and Peace and all those other wonderful titles I pulled for on my nightstand.
I hope you all had a great month as well-how did you do?