Sunday, October 23, 2011

Weekly Wrap-up for October 23, 2011: Readathon Recap.

Whew.

I ended up going to bed by 12:30 this morning and woke back up at 7 to finish out the readathon. I did, and then I went back to bed until about 11 this morning. I guess my body needed the sleep!

I had a great time participating. In fact, I think this was the best readathon I have participated in! I did what Jillian also did, and only came only every 2-3 hours. It kept me focused on my reading throughout the day. I also think I made a smart decision in reading a "fun" title to start it off. I'm proud of the fact I went through 3 books yesterday and made significant progress in my fourth. I rock. :)

I hope that all of you who participated also had a wonderful time! I can't wait for April!

Because of my glorious success yesterday, I finished 4 books this week:
  • Dracula by Bram Stoker
  • Ranger's Apprentice: The Lost Stories by John Flanagan
  • Julius Caesar by Shakespeare
  • Winter in the Blood by James Welch
Go me!

I really need to get that Dracula post up, and you might see it pop up later this afternoon or tomorrow. The goal for today is to catch up on some grading-so let's hope I have a super-productive day getting all of that done!

You'll also see the link-in post for the Inferno Group Read shortly. Make sure you post your review to be eligible for Adam's giveaway!

Happy reading everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Three books and one includes Dracula?! You did great. I'm glad to hear you had fun. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY congrats! Those aren't easy books, especially Dracula. Party on with your awesome self :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome reading! I'm glad you had fun--with your stressful life you deserve it :). I'm sad that I forgot about the Inferno readalong. I need to get more organized!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a successful read-a-thon! I like your Shakespeare idea (short! fast!) and might have to try that next time around. Have fun finishing up Inferno this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a very successful read-a-thon! Congrats on finishing three books! I definitely could have done a better job of staying away from the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous! I ended up missing out entirely on the readathon this time around. I can't wait to hear what you thought of Dracula.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you had a great read-a-thon! I can't wait to hear what you think of Dracula!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you ended up joining in, Allie, and that you had so much fun and made so much reading progress!! I think I'll do one master post and check in every three hours during the next readathon, too. It really worked for me. Cheers! :-)

    ReplyDelete