Sunday, December 11, 2011

Weekly Wrap-up for December 11, 2011: Small Bits.

Today's wrap-up post is going to be a short one, namely because I want to get back to reading! I suppose that is an excellent reason, don't you?

I was lucky enough to get some more work this week, and I actually spent a couple of days subbing in the school I worked in last year. It was wonderful to see my old students walking the halls (hard to believe my sophomore English students are Juniors!). Many stopped to say hello when they saw me in the hallway, and they seemed happy to see me. Being back in that school reminded me how much I loved being there, so we'll see what the future has in store.

This weekend I am in the middle of a very casual readathon. The goal was basically to get my butt in gear. I think I mentioned a few weeks ago that part of the reason I keep myself so busy is that it makes me more productive. Without things to do all the time, I become very lazy, and I have started to slip that direction. I can't have that. So, this weekend has been spent with a larger focus on reading rather than simply turning on the TV (I usually don't watch too much TV, but recently it has gotten out of hand). I finished The Portrait of a Lady Friday night, and I am about 50 pages from the end of Sense and Sensibility, so I am doing well with my goal. I am probably going to start Paradiso as well, but I'm not sure if I'll finish it.

Anyway, that's about it in the world of Allie. :) I hope you are all in the middle of wonderful books!

4 comments:

  1. You're doing great! Right now I'm in the middle of Cinderella Ate My Daughter. I've put it down to read a few short stories. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the strangest parts of being a teacher - and one of the most interesting - is watching people change over the years. Even for us college professors, it's a unique experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you got a lot of reading done this weekend. I tried to catch up on some of my reading today, but the book I was working on put me to sleep.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really did accomplish a lot of reading this weekend! I'm glad the readathon fulfilled its purpose :)
    I love that your students were happy to see you. There's nothing quite as fulfilling as knowing you left a good mark on someone's life. Looks like that's what you did with these kids :)

    ReplyDelete