Sunday, January 5, 2014

Weekly Wrap-up for Janurary 5, 2014.

It feels really good to be back to blogging. In many ways, I've felt that a piece of me was missing as I dove into my job. I'm glad to be claiming a bit of me back. :)

This week was my last week off over our winter break. I'm set to go back to school tomorrow, assuming that "snowpocalypse" isn't too insane tonight. We're also supposed to get some negative temps, so we'll have to see if I'm back in the classroom tomorrow. To be honest, I wouldn't mind another day off. This break has been anything but restful!

We had a lot of family parties leading up to Christmas, as well as activities on Christmas Eve and Christmas. Then it was our anniversary and a trip up north from last Sunday through Wednesday. Mixed in there after Christmas came a day bogged down by a migraine, then a cold, which developed in walking pneumonia. So when I say I won't mind another day, I really won't mind it.

In any case, there was also a lot of reading done and a resurgence of ideas and effort put into my blog. I'm happy to be writing again, but it takes me a lot longer and I don't feel as comfortable. Oh well, it'll get better in time.

For the rest of today, I'm going to set up camp at our kitchen table to work on some items for school-some grading, but mostly planning. I'm also hoping to read a little more of A Game of Thrones, which is moving quickly considering that it's a brick of a book.

I hope you all have a lovely week!

10 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Game of Thrones! I hope to get to it soon. Maybe after surgery when I'll have plenty of time for reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's fast reading. It helps that I'm familiar with the story from the show....I'm more excited to get to the next couple of books where the story is unfamiliar. :)

      And surgery! oh no!

      Delete
  2. Glad you're enjoying Game of Thrones! Have you watched the TV series? They did a really good job with the casting, the first season is very faithful to the first book. I'll say no more, don't want to spoil anything for you. I'm glad to see your posts again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep-I've watched the show religiously with my husband. At first I didn't want to until I read the books....but I caved. But yes, the first book and first season are pretty spot on! I'm curious to see what happens after that!

      Delete
  3. Hope you're feeling better, and that you do get that snow day tomorrow!
    Glad you're enjoying Game of Thrones so far - I devoured the whole series last year and can not wait for the next one to come out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling much better today, thank you! We did get a snow day today and one for tomorrow (although, that's more of a cold day).

      I'm very much enjoying the book! I have about 150 pages left!

      Delete
  4. Enjoy Game of Thrones, feel better, and I hope you get to take another break day tomorrow!! If not, have a lovely Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My extra days off are doing wonders for my health (and my reading!)

      Delete
  5. I haven't yet read Game of Thrones, but I keep encountering that title everywhere I look. Obviously a must read! Welcome back to blogworld!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's nice to be back!

      I've had them sitting on my shelf for a couple of years, so I thought it was time.

      Delete